PriestmanGoode and Geven reveal lightweight aircraft seat
We’re pleased to unveil the first design in the new range of next-generation aircraft seats we’ve designed in partnership with Italian seat manufacturer Geven. The new Elemento Economy seat is part of a new line of next-generation seats with innovative features that focus on passenger benefits, allow for airline customisation and are easily configurable for different aircraft types.
The design language for Elemento and the rest of the next-generation family of seats is driven by key attributes: functionality, timelessness, clean and sculptural form, and embraces Italy’s unparalleled heritage of exquisite craftsmanship and timeless design.
Features of the Elemento seat include:
- Adjustable privacy headrest
- Integrated table lighting
- Bespoke woven dress covers
- Patented ‘wave system’ seat foam for extra comfort
- Compatible with the latest generation IFE monitors
- Adjustable PED holders designed to accommodate all tablets and smart devices
- Cocktail table
- Large passenger stowage compartments
- Quick installation fitting for ease of maintenance
- Easy integration into both wide- and narrowbody aircraft
The colour palette was inspired by the Geven brand colours and the Italian coastline at sunset, with light grey seats, deep blue headrests and seat frames and red accents. This combination gives a fresh and clean palette with bursts of warmth. Bright whites have been used to highlight key features of the seats, including the Geven ‘V’ on the headrest. Technical materials, like mesh, were chosen to keep the interiors contemporary and nod to Italy’s heritage of designing high performance vehicles. Sustainability was a key driver in the selection of finishes, and natural metal finishes were chosen to offer a more environmentally conscious approach, as well as reflect Geven’s mission to deliver honest, hardworking, exquisitely crafted products.
The Premium, Premium + and Business Class seats will be unveiled later this year.